Saturday 11 June 2011

A little about me...

Welcome to my first blog post and thank you for stopping by!


Before I get started I thought I'd share a little of information about myself, incase you're curious! Well, my name is Amy and I'm 26 and I leave near Leeds with my husband and our two lovely cats.

There are a few main events of my life in the last 5 years or so that have led me to this blog and what I hope will be a full website...someday in the near future!


Photograph by Lee Allen Photography

About 5 years ago when I moved into my 1st rented flat with my hubby, then boyfriend, I bought a copy of Ideal Home Magazine for some inspiration on decor and furnishings and that's where my obsession with all things interiors really started. Since then I have developed a huge list of my favourite online retailers and independent stockists where I frequently go online window shopping. More about that shortly...

In the last 4 years we have bought a house and got married and my stack of interior design magazines just keeps on growing!

Then a year ago I took a promotion in my day job in Customer Services and was faced with the reality of something I have always suspected, me and the world or big corporate companies just do not mix! Whilst I cannot say I hate going to work, I really don't enjoy all the frustrations and office politics that I have to deal with on a daily basis.

So, I started thinking about what I really want to do and thought I really should put my passion for furniture, furnishing and interiors to good use but I can't really see myself as an interior designer or anything of that sort. I then started trawling thorough all the bookmarked websites and thought they really needed organising and that is where The Patchwork Home was born. I decided to get started with a blog and share all my favourite retailers through weekly (hopefully) blog posts and see how things pan out...

Our house is still a work in progress in terms of renovation and decoration so I may decide to share some posts on our progress, if you're interested that is?!! I am also trying to find time to get to grips with my sewing machine, a gift from my mum a couple of years who is and avid sewer. We'll see how that relationship develops and I might just decide to blog about that too.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed hearing a little about me and my blog. Feel free to leave a comment and thanks reading.

Amy xx

P.S. Oh and I forgot to say a massive thank you to all those I have met on Twitter recently! You've all been fab! :) xx

5 comments:

  1. Well done Amy, a great first blob...loving your picture x

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he...that should have read a great first blog !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading your posts! This time next year I should be in a place of my own with my gf so I'll need tips and such!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy @PatchworkHome17 June 2011 at 21:03

    @VAPF - thanks and good luck house hunting whenever you get started!

    @flaxandfinch - thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, your blog is live! I look forward to reading it and thanks for putting me on your blogroll.

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete